Friday, June 26, 2009

Start at the beginning

Hello! I am Meme (aka Melanie Emry) and I am taking a virtual journey. Why? Well, why not?

Actually, there is a reason. Some time ago I decided I needed someplace fun to put my brain. Yes, it's actually in my head, but I keep spending time thinking about things that are stressful, worrisome, or just plain negative. I needed something healthy. So I am taking a virtual trip. That way I can plan where I will be next, or imagine myself where my virtual journey has taken me so far.

I make progress by exercising and losing weight. I decied that I bike at 50 mph (hey, this is a fantasy, right?) and walk at 4 mph. (actually, I walk about 3 mph, but 4 is easier to divide). And if I lose weight in any given week, then I'm happy that week and happy people walk faster - so for that week I get to count extra distance (for every 4 miles walked I get to count 6). There you have it.

I am starting in Roseburg, OR. My grandmother lives there, and I like it there. I'm heading north from her house towards my parents in Oregon City, then I'm going to spend a while exploring Washington State (where we currently live). We'll see where we go after that.

So, welcome to Roseburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment