Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Home, Home is So Strange

I am in Oregon City today.

The highlights of the city for me? Riding the elevator was always fun, even when I was very small. I loved to ride up then walk down the Singer Hill stairs. I didn't enjoy looking out the observation deck windows so much - but that had more to do with my fear of heights than with the view.

Another great option for fun in the city is the End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center. Giant covered wagons, circled where the pioneers circled their wagons for the last time before seeking out new homes. Come see it when you are in the area. I think you will be as impressed as I am.

Of course, the biggest highlight of Oregon City is my family. They live just outside the city limits, and are my favorite part of any trip to Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment