Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Animal, Vegetable, or Mineral - Take Your Pick

I love Portland. Always have. But it's hard to pick what I love best.

Just up the gorge (the Columbia River Gorge) is Bridal Veil Falls. Beautiful view, beautiful place. I love waterfalls, especially surrounded by forests.

And in town - it's a toss-up. If I only have time for one, which would I choose, OMSI or the Zoo? Hard to know. OMSI has lots of mechanized fun. The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. Hours of fun. And that's just watching the omnitron. Hands-on exhibits, an entire wing of children oriented activities, a navy sub, and a walk-through heart. What more could you ask for?

The Oregon Zoo has its own wealth of fun. There's the zoo train, of course. And the elephants. And polar bears and penguins and - well, you get the idea.

How would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment