Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Year, New Journey

It's a new year and a new journey.  This time I'm including you.  Come join me!  Tell me how many calories you burned this week and I'll include it in my miles.  We're doing a simple walk this year.  100 calories burned = 1 mile.  And I'm trying to walk across the country.  I'm starting in Portland, Oregon and walking my way to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  It is my own Declaration of Freedom!  Freedom from Fat!

Please join me! We'll make it much farther together than we can alone.

By the way, if you need any incentive, walking a single mile burns about 100 calories.  I have calculated.  If you are holding a steady weight, and you start to walk, just one and a half miles per day, six days per week means within a year you will have burned an extra 70,000 calories!  That's twenty pounds!  That's right!  2-0 pounds!  Without dieting!  That deserves a WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment